The Importance of Treating Water for PFAS
Written By: City View Plumbing & Heating
Clean drinking water is something that many of us take for granted. Clean drinking water not only keeps our bodies functioning, but is also an essential ingredient for food production and other forms of industrial manufacturing. Sadly, contaminated drinking water has been a topic of news reports and environmental investigations of late. In Tuscon, Arizona, PFAS (per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances) – a group of tasteless and colorless factory-produced chemicals that do not fall under the regulation of the Environmental Protection Agency – have been sparking concern, prompting water facilities across the country to rethink their approach to water conditioning.
Amidst this growing concern, it is important to learn what you can do to keep your drinking water clean and safe.
What are PFAS?
Water is essential for good health. Each person requires between 20 and 50 liters of clean water every day for drinking, cooking and basic hygiene. PFAS, also known as “Forever Chemicals,” are widely used, long-lasting chemicals found in electronics, paper and cardboard food packaging, and cosmetics. PFAS are toxic to both humans and wildlife because they:
- Interfere with the hormonal system (they are endocrine disruptors)
- Interfere with the reproductive system and fetal development
- Impact the immune system and can reduce vaccine effectiveness in children
- Can lead to the development of certain cancers, including kidney and testicular cancer
How Can I Eliminate PFAS?
PFAS don’t easily degrade in the environment and are extremely mobile once they enter water. Once they are released into the environment, they tend to migrate into the water supply. While PFAS are certainly harmful, removing them, along with other contaminants from your home’s drinking water, is easier than you might think with a water conditioning system.
The best plumbing and HVAC technicians explain that the PIONEER Whole-Home Filtration System is the simple and effective solution you need to keep your family safe. The PIONEER Whole-Home Filtration System:
- Utilizes activated carbon technology that is powerful enough to remove PFAS and other harmful chemicals from your water supply
- Is installed where the water line enters your home for quick action at the source against PFAS, giving you peace of mind
Keep Your Water Clean with PIONEER’s PFAS Reduction System
The PIONEER Whole-Home Filtration System is both easy to use and certified to keep your drinking water fresh and safe and includes the following benefits:
- It is eco-friendly: when the cartridge has been fully used, it is easily disposable
- It is built to last: the system has a filter life up to 100,000 gallons
- It greatly improves water taste and reduces odor
- It has an excellent flow rate of up to 8 gallons per minute, and can filter up to over 24 gallons per minute if multiple systems are installed
- It uses colored indicator lights to quickly let you know when it’s time to replace the cartridge
Protect Your Family with City View Plumbing
For nearly 70 years, we have prided ourselves on being the best plumbing company in Minnesota and have served the residents of our local community with excellence and diligence. Our HVAC technicians have the expertise and product knowledge to help address the problems of your home’s most important systems and, most importantly, provide solutions. We proudly sell the PIONEER water conditioning system to keep your home’s drinking water clean.
Schedule an appointment today to learn more about PIONEER and how we can make your drinking water cleaner and safer.